The board of UUCF has been reviewing the policies and procedures of this congregation for the past several months. To have the best shared leadership we can it seems like a good idea to publish the bits and pieces of this that most pertain to the entire congregation as we come across them. If you would like to see all the policies and procedures, they are available just contact a board member.
This month we are highlighting our Right Relation Policy; these are the ways that we choose to be in community with each other as ‘a sacred intentional community’.
Right Relations Policy
We build our church community on a foundation of love with the goal of putting our Unitarian
Universalist principles before our personalities. Towards this end, we will:
1. Follow the Golden Rule: “Do unto others as you would have them do unto you”.
2. Honor confidences.
3. Communicate with respect, kindness, and support.
4. Listen considerately and avoid interrupting: give everyone and opportunity to express their
opinion before responding.
5. Each of us will examine our own motives and intentions, while assuming the best possible
motives in others and realizing we cannot know the thoughts of others.
6. Hold ourselves accountable for our actions and attitudes, apologizing when necessary.
7. First try to resolve any issue with those directly involved if we feel wronged, or we have
wronged another. If that fails, we will abide by the appropriate congregational policy.
8. Attend decision making meetings if we wish to have input; we will abide by all decisions made through the democratic process, even those made in our absence.
9. Serve with commitment.